|Achievements & Awards|
• Best Abstract award, Asian Pacific Congress of Nephrology, Kuala Lampur, 2008
• Best paper award in Clinical Nephrology at the Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology, New Delhi 2008
• Khullar oration and Gold medal, Indian Society of Nephrology, 2007
• Young Investigator Award, Japan Kidney Week 2005.
• ISN –NKF scholarship, Satellite meeting of the World Congress of nephrology, Singapore, 2005.
• Best Poster award in Clinical Nephrology – 33rd National Conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology, 2002.
• Dr HB Dingley memorial award for Pediatrics by the Indian Council of Medical Research, 2002
• Chaired a session at the Japanese Society of Dialysis Therapy,2002
• Janssen Cilag award for the Best published paper in Nephrology by the Indian Society of Nephrology, 2001
• Rekha Memorial Tanker Young Investigator award for the Best Research work in Nephrology, 2001, Nephrology by the Indian Society of Nephrology.
• International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis Fellowship , 2000
• Listed in Marquis World’s Who’s Who 2000,2001,2002.
• Fellow Indian Academy of Pediatrics (FIAP), 2001
• University of Toronto Fellowship in Paediatric Nephrology, 1999
• Dr. ST. Achar Gold Medal for Best oral paper Indian Academy of Paediatrics, 1999.
• Certificate of Appreciation at the Annual Conference of Japanese Society of Dialysis Therapy , Sapporo, Japan,1997.
• Heinz Fellowship 1997, Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health, London.
• Dr B.S. Bansal Gold Medal for Research in Nephrology,1997 - Indian Society of Nephrology.
• Australian College of Pediatrics Fellowship (Pediatric Nephrology), 1996.
• International Nestle Nutrition Scholarship, 1996.
• International Cultural Diploma of Honor 1994 by the American Biographical Institute Inc.
• Dr. V. Balagopal Raju Endowment Award for Research, 30th National conference of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, 1993.
• First Prize at the Poster Session of INSAL, 31st Annual ISG Conf. Jaipur 1990.
• Silver Medal (First order) for performance in M.D. examinations 1989.
• IInd Prize in Obstetrics and Gynaecology on the basis of overall performance in final professional and all notified examinations 1984.
• Merit scholarships for period July 1980 to December 1981 and October, 1983 to December 1984 by Maulana Azad Medical College for excellence in academics
|Affiliation with Associations|
|Dr Sanjeev gulati is MD, DNB(Paediatrics), DM, DNB (Nephrology), MNAMS, FIAP, FISN and has overseas qualifications of : FIPN (Australia), FICN, FRCPC(Canada). He is currently working as Senior Consultant in Nephrology at the Fortis Hospitals, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. He was previously working as Additional Professor in Nephrology at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, which is the capital of the largest state of India. He has also worked an Associate Professor in Nephrology at the prestigious McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada. He has post MD experience of 18 years and post DNB experience of 15 years. He has dual qualifications in adult and paediatric nephrology.
He has an independent unit and has had exposure to a wide spectrum of patients both adult and children with a variety of renal diseases including experience in dialysis and transplantation. In addition he acquired special expertise in managing children with renal diseases. He gained experience at leading hospitals in UK, Australia and Canada and presented papers at several international and national conferences and published more than 100 scientific papers in indexed journals including NEJM, Kidney International and American Journal of Kidney Diseases. He has also authored 9 chapters in textbooks (including the prestigious Oxford textbook of Nephrology) besides numerous guest lectures.
He has received several awards for original contributions to the field of kidney diseases. His work has received recognition from the Indian Council of Medical Research, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Indian Society of Nephrology, the Australian College of Pediatrics, Royal college of Pediatrics and Child Health UK Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the Japanese Society of Nephrology.
During this period the focus of his research work has been childhood nephrotic syndrome. He has presented over 50 papers at various international scientific conferences. H is a reviewer for several prestigious journals like Pediatrics, American Journal of Kidney Diseases, Pediatric Nephrology and Indian Pediatrics and have had other editorial responsibilities also and has written several articles in newspapers and magazines for creating public awareness about kidney related problems.