About the Disease - Autism Spectrum Disorder
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a complex neurological & developmental state that includes continuing challenges in social interaction, speech and nonverbal communication, restricted repetitive behaviours. The result of ASD and the extremity of symptoms are different in each person.
Autism Spectrum Disorder In Ayurveda Context
According to Ayurveda, the main reason of delay in gross & fine motor function development is due to vitiation in normal Vata or neurological function and an involvement of multiple tissues like Blood, Flesh, Fat, Bone, Bone Marrow (Rasa, Rakta, Mamsa, Medas, Asthi and Majja or Chyle) in the consecutive metabolic process.
Ayurveda Management of Autism Spectrum Disorder
To achieve significant outcome in developmental disorders, primary function of normal physiology (Vata) should be brought to optimum levels. A personalized regimen of Vegetarian Diet, Herbal Medicine Formulations, and classical Ayurveda cleansing & nourishing Therapies to achieve improvement in the above complaints.
1.Herbal Paste Therapy (Shirolepa) – This is a particular technique in which medicated herbal pastes are applied over the patients head. Primarily, Medicated oil is poured over the head and body, then fine herbal paste is applied over the head(vetex) and later that area is covered.relaxes and calms the mind and stabilizes the central nervous system.
2.Medicated Enema Therapy – The therapy includes enema decoction through rectum in order to eliminate bio elements related with air toxins through rectum. Medicated enema therapy is very effective in management of neurological & development disorders like autism.
3.Medicinal Flow Therapy (Shirodhara) – The therapy involves gently pouring liquids over the forehead. This Ayurveda therapy is effective in reducing stress, promoting sound sleep, and calming a distressed mind. Warm herbal medicinal oils stimulate and soothe the hypothalamus and improve circulation by causing vasodilation.
4.Head Massage Therapy (Shiroabhyanga) – This therapy includes several methods of applying oil over the head & forehead. This therapy is an excellent technique to nourish organ systems of the body. Head Massage therapy increases the blood flow towards the brain, nourishes the eyes, and calms down the anxiety or supports stillness which is good for children with autism and ADHD.
5. Yoga Therapy - Yoga therapy can provide major support in management of autism spectrum disorder. Yoga therapy is beneficial in improving Behavior and focus, strength, flexibility, balance, and self-regulation.
Best Ayurveda Hospitals for Autism Spectrum Disorder Treatment
1. AyurVAID Hospitals - Ayurvaid Hospitals, Bangalore - Ayurvaid Hospitals is a pioneering chain of new generation Ayurveda hospitals, dedicated to applying Ayurveda to solve modern health problems. Now with six hospitals across India (in Kochi and Bangalore) and a growing Network of Physicians, Ayurvaid has become the biggest chain of Ayurveda hospitals in India and demonstrated strong clinical outputs over the past three years of operations.
2. Jivagram Wellness Institute - Faridabad, New Delhi, NCR - Jivagram is headed by Professor Dr. Pratap Chauhan. Jivagram is one of the best Ayurveda Institutes in Indian today with special presence in Japan, Spain and Sweden. Jivagram is your one-stop wellness destination to become rejuvenated and revitalized—physically, emotionally and spirituality. Jivagram has a huge repository of years of research and case studies of treatment offered to patients. They have specialised doctors looking into each and every specialty. With years of knowledge backing, it is seeked by a huge number of international patients looking for relief from diseases which cannot be treated by modern medicines. The focus of treatments and holistic healing therapies offered at Jivagram are based on the authentic Ayurvedic principles of restoring health by balancing the fundamental energies within you with the energies in nature.
Best Ayurveda Doctors for Treating Autism Spectrum Disorder
1. Dr. Neil Rasal - Specializes in Panchakarma, Rasayan Chikitsa & Lifestyle Diseases ( Jivagram Ayurveda). Dr. Neil Rasal (BAMS MD) did his Post Graduate in Panchakarma from the renowned Rajeev Gandhi University, Bangalore. He is an expert in ancient Rasayan Chikitsa and Panchakarma. He has a vast experience of treating lifestyle diseases like stress, anxiety disorders, childhood obesity, musculoskeletal pain and sports injury. He conducted multiple programs and workshops for Ayurvedic aspirants. He also teaches Ayurveda to students and consults the patients across the country.
2. Dr. ZankhanaBuch, MD(Ay) (AyurVAID Hospitals, Bangalore):
Patient Empathy & Performance Excellence- these traits embody Dr. ZankhanaBuch, Senior Physician and Medical Superintendent at AyurVAID Hospitals, Domlur, and Bangalore, India. Passionate about Ayurveda, she possesses decades of experience in the field of clinical Ayurveda. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery from Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar. She is a Post Graduate from the prestigious IPGT & RA, Jamnagar, designated by the Government of India as an Institute of National Importance (the first and only one in Ayurveda). She is a Gold Medalist at her undergraduate and post-graduate qualification levels. Her special expertise includes the management of pediatric developmental disorders, metabolic disorders, and ortho-neuro disorders.