About the Disease - Cerebral Palsy
Cerebral palsy (CP) is a disease that affects body movement, muscle tone, posture and balance. Cerebral Palsy can also be termed as brain paralysis. Cerebral palsy is caused by irregular development or damage because of some parts of the brain which command muscle tone and motor movement( rolling over, crawling, sitting, and walking.). The symptoms primarily appear in early childhood.
Ayurveda Management of Cerebral Palsy
In Ayurveda, Classical “Panchakarma”(panch means 5 & karma means therapies) Treatment is done for cerebral palsy that controls the Nervous system, Physiological function and corrects Metabolism (Vata, Pitta and Agni). The therapies focus on:
● To get their metabolism right.
● Medicines are given to strengthen the brain.
● To make the brain focus on certain things
● To make their muscular spasticity go.
● boost up medicines that give strength to the brain for fast-growing & act as per the age.
1.Medicated Powder Therapy: In this therapy, medicated power is applied over the body. This therapy is extremely beneficial in removing toxins from micro/macro body channels. This is one of the techniques to perform body detoxification and remove blockage from the circulation channels present in the human body.
2.Oleation Therapy: Oleation therapy is very effective in treating treating spastic CP disorders. The malnourished elements easily get nourished by this therapy. Oleation therapy can be external as well as internal. The procedure includes application of oil over the whole body with slow massage & pressure. This helps in reduction of motor neuron hyperexcitability.
3. Medicinal Flow Therapy for Relaxing Nervous System: This therapy includes continuous pouring of a liquid, medicated milk, etc. on the head & forehead and permitting it to flow over the scalp by a special instrument for a particular time. This rejuvenating therapy removes toxins and mental exhaustion. The therapy also reduces stress and any ill effects on the central nervous system i.e controlling seizures, cognitive impairment and behavioural problems like anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder etc.
4. Medicated Enema Therapy: This is another Ayurveda therapy for detoxification in which medicated enema is given through rectum. The cleansing and purifying therapy commonly performed in the treatment of various neurological conditions like cerebral palsy.
5. Nasal Administration: The main aim of this therapy is Nasal administration is to purify the head & neck region channel. In this therapy, herbal juices, oils, or powders are given through the nose in order to remove obstruction in the upper respiratory tract. Nasal administration plays a vital role in treatment of CP as this therapy promotes strength to the head and sense organ in the head.
6. Yoga Therapy - Yoga therapy can provide major support in management of cerebral palsy Yoga therapy is beneficial in improving Behavior and focus, strength, flexibility, balance, and self-regulation.
Best Ayurveda Hospitals for Autism Spectrum Disorder Treatment
1. AyurVAID Hospitals - Ayurvaid Hospitals, Bangalore - Ayurvaid Hospitals is a pioneering chain of new generation Ayurveda hospitals, dedicated to applying Ayurveda to solve modern health problems. Now with six hospitals across India (in Kochi and Bangalore) and a growing Network of Physicians, Ayurvaid has become the biggest chain of Ayurveda hospitals in India and demonstrated strong clinical outputs over the past three years of operations.
2. Jivagram Wellness Institute - Faridabad, New Delhi, NCR - Jivagram is headed by Professor Dr. Pratap Chauhan. Jivagram is one of the best Ayurveda Institutes in Indian today with special presence in Japan, Spain and Sweden. Jivagram is your one-stop wellness destination to become rejuvenated and revitalized—physically, emotionally and spirituality. Jivagram has a huge repository of years of research and case studies of treatment offered to patients. They have specialised doctors looking into each and every specialty. With years of knowledge backing, it is seeked by a huge number of international patients looking for relief from diseases which cannot be treated by modern medicines. The focus of treatments and holistic healing therapies offered at Jivagram are based on the authentic Ayurvedic principles of restoring health by balancing the fundamental energies within you with the energies in nature.
Best Ayurveda Doctors for Treating Autism Spectrum Disorder
1. Dr. Neil Rasal - Specializes in Panchakarma, Rasayan Chikitsa & Lifestyle Diseases ( Jivagram Ayurveda). Dr. Neil Rasal (BAMS MD) did his Post Graduate in Panchakarma from the renowned Rajeev Gandhi University, Bangalore. He is an expert in ancient Rasayan Chikitsa and Panchakarma. He has a vast experience of treating lifestyle diseases like stress, anxiety disorders, childhood obesity, musculoskeletal pain and sports injury. He conducted multiple programs and workshops for Ayurvedic aspirants. He also teaches Ayurveda to students and consults the patients across the country.
2. Dr. ZankhanaBuch, MD(Ay) (AyurVAID Hospitals, Bangalore):
Patient Empathy & Performance Excellence- these traits embody Dr. ZankhanaBuch, Senior Physician and Medical Superintendent at AyurVAID Hospitals, Domlur, and Bangalore, India. Passionate about Ayurveda, she possesses decades of experience in the field of clinical Ayurveda. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery from Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar. She is a Post Graduate from the prestigious IPGT & RA, Jamnagar, designated by the Government of India as an Institute of National Importance (the first and only one in Ayurveda). She is a Gold Medalist at her undergraduate and post-graduate qualification levels. Her special expertise includes the management of pediatric developmental disorders, metabolic disorders, and ortho-neuro disorders.