About the Disease - Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease that consists of complications with the hormone insulin. Diabetes can happen when the pancreas produces very little or no insulin. Diabetes can also occur when the body does not respond appropriately to insulin. There is no cure for diabetes. People having diabetes need to control it to stay healthy.
Diabetes In Ayurveda Context
According to Ayurveda, Adiposity (Meda) is a major factor that contributes in the development and beginning of Diabetes (Prameha / Madhumeha). Diabetes mainly affects the immune system (ojas) of the body.
Ayurveda Management of Diabetes
Ayurveda believes in treating symptoms and causes of Diabetes, naturally. Ayurveda treats Diabetes & its complications through classical herbal therapies and medicines.
1.Herbal Powder Kneading Therapy: In this therapy herbal medicinal pastes consisting high healing properties are applied on a patient's scalp to reduce mental stress, increase his/her memory power, and relax the body and nervous system.
2.Oleation Therapy: Oleation therapy is used to manage diabetes. Firstly, oil massage is given to the patient & then herbal oils or medicine-rich buttermilk is poured slowly on a patient's forehead & head which relaxes the mind and relieves mental stress. This therapy helps in controlling diabetes.
3.Yoga Therapy: The main of Yoga therapy is to help in stimulating metabolism and improving glucose homeostasis function. Yoga therapy promotes good massage to the body postures abdominal organs to function well & also increases muscular strength & elasticity. Yoga therapy also improves blood circulation which reaches to target organs in a proper quantity. This helps a diabetic patient to heal his/her wounds fast & also increases Oxygenation at cellular level.
4.Purgation Therapy: This therapy is very effective for management of diabetes in which vomiting by herbal medicines & medicated butter/oil is carried out which removes the toxins present in the upper parts of the body.
5. Ayurveda Foot Massage Therapy: This therapy is done with medicated herbal oils. The therapy focuses on balancing the three bio elements and restoring major points on the steps in order to promote mind clarification & relaxation.
6.Medicated Enema Therapy - Medicated enema therapy is very effective management in diabetes. In this therapy, herbal pastes and medicated oils are given through medical decoction in anal route in order to remove accumulated toxins & metabolic wastes.
Best Ayurveda Hospitals for Diabetes Treatment
1. AyurVAID Hospitals - Ayurvaid Hospitals, Bangalore - Ayurvaid Hospitals is a pioneering chain of new generation Ayurveda hospitals, dedicated to applying Ayurveda to solve modern health problems. Now with six hospitals across India (in Kochi and Bangalore) and a growing Network of Physicians, Ayurvaid has become the biggest chain of Ayurveda hospitals in India and demonstrated strong clinical outputs over the past three years of operations.
2. Jivagram Wellness Institute - Faridabaad, New Delhi, NCR - Jivagram is headed by Professor Dr. Pratap Chauhan. Jivagram is one of the best Ayurveda Institutes in Indian today with special presence in Japan, Spain and Sweden. Jivagram is your one-stop wellness destination to become rejuvenated and revitalized—physically, emotionally and spirituality. Jivagram has a huge repository of years of research and case studies of treatment offered to patients. They have specialised doctors looking into each and every specialty. With years of knowledge backing, it is seeked by a huge number of international patients looking for relief from diseases which cannot be treated by modern medicines. The focus of treatments and holistic healing therapies offered at Jivagram are based on the authentic Ayurvedic principles of restoring health by balancing the fundamental energies within you with the energies in nature.
Best Ayurveda Doctors for Treating Diabetes
1. Dr. Neil Rasal - Specializes in Panchakarma, Rasayan Chikitsa & Lifestyle Diseases ( Jivagram Ayurveda). Dr. Neil Rasal (BAMS MD) did his Post Graduate in Panchakarma from the renowned Rajeev Gandhi University, Bangalore. He is an expert in ancient Rasayan Chikitsa and Panchakarma. He has a vast experience of treating lifestyle diseases like stress, anxiety disorders, childhood obesity, musculoskeletal pain and sports injury. He conducted multiple programs and workshops for Ayurvedic aspirants. He also teaches Ayurveda to students and consults the patients across the country.
2. Dr. ZankhanaBuch, MD(Ay) (AyurVAID Hospitals, Bangalore): -
Patient Empathy & Performance Excellence- these traits embody Dr. ZankhanaBuch, Senior Physician and Medical Superintendent at AyurVAID Hospitals, Domlur, and Bangalore, India. Passionate about Ayurveda, she possesses decades of experience in the field of clinical Ayurveda. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery from Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar. She is a Post Graduate from the prestigious IPGT & RA, Jamnagar, designated by the Government of India as an Institute of National Importance (the first and only one in Ayurveda). She is a Gold Medalist at her undergraduate and post-graduate qualification levels. Her special expertise includes the management of pediatric developmental disorders, metabolic disorders, and ortho-neuro disorders.