About the Disease - Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a set of diseases that brings progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. In muscular dystrophy, defects of muscle cause difficulties in body movement & control. In muscular dystrophy, abnormal mutations (genes) obstruct with the building of proteins required to form healthy muscle.
Muscular Dystrophy In Ayurveda Context
Muscular dystrophy is understood as the “mamsahosha” in Ayurveda. Ayurveda muscular dystrophy is due to imbalance of basic elements to maintain body structure (vata dosha and sapta dhatus). Vitiation in digestive fire any of these dhatu leads to improper absorption of nutrients which results in weakness. In this condition there is the increase in digestive fire that leads to muscle destruction.
Ayurveda Management of Muscular Dystrophy
The principle line of the treatment is to correct the bio elements, digestive fire (dhathu, agni) and increment the muscle bulk, this is finished with special internal medicines and external treatment modalities which builds the vascularity and hence increasing the nourishment. Th
1. Heat Therapy - In this therapy, heat is provided to the affected part of the body. This therapeutic use of heat increases the flow of blood to the afflicted part of the body which gives healing. The heat therapy reduces pain, lessens muscle spasm, relaxes muscle tension and can enhance range of motion.
2. Oleation Therapy - In this therapy, the medicated oil is applied to the affected part of the body using specific techniques in order to improve blood circulation. The therapy boosts the body’s resistance to diseases. It reduces joint pains and aches & also alleviates stiffness & heaviness & also promotes healing.
3. Medicated Enema Therapy - Medicated Enema Therapy is an extremely beneficial treatment to purify the whole body’s accumulated toxins. This treatment is effective in treating air aggravated conditions such as neuromuscular disorders. This therapy requires enema using medicated decoction.
4. Yoga Therapy: Yoga & Ayurveda therapies reduce muscle destruction. Gentle yoga and breathing exercises fortify the patient’s muscles, broaden the spine and helps in providing good Neuro-muscular fitness. In muscular dystrophy yoga can help you to fight with symptoms resulting in a better quality of life. Daily yoga practise can increase blood circulation and build up the weakening muscles.
Best Ayurveda Hospitals for Muscular Dystrophy Treatment
AyurVAID Hospitals - Ayurvaid Hospitals, Bangalore - Ayurvaid Hospitals is a pioneering chain of new generation Ayurveda hospitals, dedicated to applying Ayurveda to solve modern health problems. Now with six hospitals across India (in Kochi and Bangalore) and a growing Network of Physicians, Ayurvaid has become the biggest chain of Ayurveda hospitals in India and demonstrated strong clinical outputs over the past three years of operations.
Jivagram Wellness Institute - Faridabaad, New Delhi, NCR - Jivagram is headed by Professor Dr. Pratap Chauhan. Jivagram is one of the best Ayurveda Institutes in Indian today with special presence in Japan, Spain and Sweden. Jivagram is your one-stop wellness destination to become rejuvenated and revitalized—physically, emotionally and spirituality. Jivagram has a huge repository of years of research and case studies of treatment offered to patients. They have specialised doctors looking into each and every specialty. With years of knowledge backing, it is seeked by a huge number of international patients looking for relief from diseases which cannot be treated by modern medicines. The focus of treatments and holistic healing therapies offered at Jivagram are based on the authentic Ayurvedic principles of restoring health by balancing the fundamental energies within you with the energies in nature.
Best Ayurveda Doctors for Treating Muscular Dystrophy
1. Dr. Neil Rasal - Specializes in Panchakarma, Rasayan Chikitsa & Lifestyle Diseases ( Jivagram Ayurveda). Dr. Neil Rasal (BAMS MD) did his Post Graduate in Panchakarma from the renowned Rajeev Gandhi University, Bangalore. He is an expert in ancient Rasayan Chikitsa and Panchakarma. He has a vast experience of treating lifestyle diseases like stress, anxiety disorders, childhood obesity, musculoskeletal pain and sports injury. He conducted multiple programs and workshops for Ayurvedic aspirants. He also teaches Ayurveda to students and consults the patients across the country.
2. Dr. ZankhanaBuch, MD(Ay) (AyurVAID Hospitals, Bangalore):
Patient Empathy & Performance Excellence- these traits embody Dr. ZankhanaBuch, Senior Physician and Medical Superintendent at AyurVAID Hospitals, Domlur, and Bangalore, India. Passionate about Ayurveda, she possesses decades of experience in the field of clinical Ayurveda. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery from Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar. She is a Post Graduate from the prestigious IPGT & RA, Jamnagar, designated by the Government of India as an Institute of National Importance (the first and only one in Ayurveda). She is a Gold Medalist at her undergraduate and post-graduate qualification levels. Her special expertise includes the management of pediatric developmental disorders, metabolic disorders, and ortho-neuro disorders.